Saturday, May 4, 2013

It has been a while...

It certainly has been a very long time.

For a while, now, I was working in the printing industry. Well, more retail than printing. I never liked it. But it was simply to ride out the economic slump that affected aviation deeply.

I waited after taking the AT-SAT test (initial aptitude test for air traffic controllers) for an academy date. The FAA had contacted me to make my facility selections. But after that, nothing. My test has since expired, and can't take the test again because they aren't hiring "off the street" anymore for controllers. Sucks to be me, huh?

While working in printing, the management of that organization began making some unusual changes, and began to find reasons to accuse their employees of errors. Errors are made by everyone. Nobody is immune to it. But, apparently, middle management was immune...their actions were to be taken as Gospel, and anyone acting otherwise was to be punished severely. I am glad I'm no longer there.

So, despite the fact that I have things to pay off, I have started working at a hotel recently. Things so far have been interesting. Although it isn't an airport job, the hotel is on the grounds of a general aviation airport...so the scenery is naturally beautiful.

Let's wait and see what adventures in aviation hold for us in the near future! For more of my aviation adventures, I invite you all to visit aerochronicles.blogspot.com and enjoy the content there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment